Matched filler alloy for 5454 applications, elevated temperature applications (+150 degrees F), automotive wheels, heat exchangers
• Matched filler alloy for 5454 applications for aluminum vehicle repair
• Automotive wheels
• 5554 alloy has been spec’d by Ford
• Elevated temperature applications (+150°F)
• Heat exchangers
TYPICAL CHEMICAL VALUES*
• AWS A5.10, ER5554, R5554
• ASME SFA 5.10, ER5554, R5554
• AWS A5.01 Class S1, Schedule F
• CWB ER5554, (0.9 mm - 1.6 mm)
• vd TUV 1153
Maintaining a proper welding procedure - including pre-heat and interpass temperatures - may be
critical depending on the type and thickness of aluminum being welded.
See Above: This information was determined by welding using 100% Argon shielding gas with a flow rate between
35-50 cfh (14-24 l/min).
AVAILABLE DIAMETERS AND PACKAGES: For a complete list of diameters and packaging, please contact
AWS A5.10: ER5554, R5554
CONFORMANCES AND APPROVALS
5554 filler metal is the most common aluminum/magnesium alloy for welding 5454 base metal where sustained elevated temperatures above 150 degrees F are experienced.
• Higher column strength/better feedability
• Good color match after anodizing with 5xxx/6xxxbase materials
• Higher hot cracking sensitivity in some applications
• Moderate/high strength (33 ksi typical)
• Most common 5xxx filler alloy for welding 5454 base material in elevated temperature applications
• Higher ductility/formability
100% Argon (Ar) or Argon/Helium mixtures, typical: GMAW - 35-50 cfh (14-24 l/min),
GTAW 20-30 cfh (10-14 l/min).
Direct Current Electrode Positive (DCEP) for GMAW, AC for GTAW
0.030” (0.8 mm), 0.035” (0.9 mm), 3/64” (1.2 mm), 1/16” (1.6 mm), 3/32” (2.4 mm),
1/8” (3.2 mm)
Product should be stored in a dry, enclosed environment, and in its original intact packaging
TYPE OF CURRENT