Welding 6xxx alloys, automotive/motorcycle frames, sports products - scooters/bicycles, general repair and maintenance
• Welding 6xxx alloys • Sports products - scooters/bicycles
• Automotive/motorcycle frames • General repair and maintenance
TYPICAL CHEMICAL VALUES*
• AWS A5.10, ER4043, R4043
• ASME SFA 5.10, ER4043, R4043
• AWS A5.01 Class S1, Schedule F
• CWB, ER4043 (0.8 mm - 1.6 mm)
• AMS 4190 (Chemistry Limits Only)
• vd TUV 1153
Maintaining a proper welding procedure - including pre-heat and interpass temperatures - may be
critical depending on the type and thickness of aluminum being welded.
See Above: This information was determined by welding using 100%Argon shielding gas with a flow rate between
35-50 cfh (14-24 l/min).
AVAILABLE DIAMETERS AND PACKAGES: For a complete list of diameters and packaging, please contact.
AWS A5.10: ER4043, R4043
CONFORMANCES AND APPROVALS
4043 filler metal is a popular aluminum/silicon filler alloy for general purpose welding applications. Features/Benefits: - Moderate strength (28 ksi typical) - Low melting temperature/high fluidity - Low welding smut and discoloration - Low ductility, formability, and lower toughness - Moderate electrical conductivity and thermal conductivity - Excellent corrosion resistance - Low shrinkage rate/reduced distortion - Low hot cracking sensitivity in most applications
• Excellent corrosion resistance
• Low shrinkage rate/reduced distortion
• Low hot cracking sensitivity in most applications
• Moderate strength (28 ksi typical)
• Low melting temperature/high fluidity
• Low welding smut and discoloration
• Low ductility, formability, and lower toughness
• Moderate electrical conductivity and thermal conductivity
100% Argon (Ar) or Argon/Helium mixtures, typical: GMAW - 35-50 cfh (14-24 l/min),
GTAW 20-30 cfh (10-14 l/min).
Direct Current Electrode Positive (DCEP) for GMAW, AC for GTAW
0.030” (0.8 mm), 0.035” (0.9 mm), 0.040” (1.0 mm), 3/64” (1.2 mm), 1/16” (1.6 mm),3/32” (2.4 mm), 1/8” (3.2 mm), 5/32” (4.0 mm)
Product should be stored in a dry, enclosed environment, and in its original intact packaging
TYPE OF CURRENT