AWS A5.5 E8016-G
EN ISO 2560-A-E 46 3 Z B 12
JIS Z 3211 E5516-G
Characteristics and Application
AWS A5.5 E8016-G Welding rods, welding electrode is a low hydrogen type electrode for the welding of 550N/mm2 grade high tensile steel in all positions. It is suitable for high carbon steels, low manganese steels, ships and high pressure vessels due to its good crack resistance. Proper base metals include forging, structural steel, alloy steel, high pressure pipe, pressure vessel, ASTM A299/302/372, etc..
Typical chemical Composition of Weld Metal (%)
Typical Mechanical Properties of Weld Metal
Notes on usage:
1. Be sure to clean up the contaminations on the base metal and welding seam so as not to derogate the weld metal quality from particles.
2. Maintain short arc length. Moving range should be controlled within 3 times of the wire's dia when you are welding with weave method.
3. Dry the electrodes at 350-400℃ for 60 minutes before use. Take out a batch of half day consumption and keep in the environment at 100-150℃ during welding process.
4. Do not exceed the range of recommended current. Over heat input might decrease the impact value.
5. Use back-step method to prevent arc starting from blowholes and hold for 3-5 seconds at every end-up.
C 0.08 Mn 1.50 Si 0.50 P 0.020 S 0.007
Yield strength 530Mpa Tensile Strenght 630MPa Elongation 28% Charpy V-Notch -30℃ 70J
Welding rods, welding electrode