AWS A5.34 ENiCrMo3T-4
Characteristics and Application
AWS A5.34 ENiCrMo3T-4 Welding rod, welding electrode is the rutile high nickel alloy flux cored wire. Applicable for Inconel 625, dissimilar welding, 5% Ni and 9% Ni plate low temperature tank welding with a good welding slag detachability, stable arc, minor spatter and good heat resistance. It has good impact toughness at -196℃, excellent corrosion resistance and oxidation resistance, especially resistance to corrosion and chloride-induced stress corrosion cracking.
Application include furnace equipment, petrochemical, power plants, marine and marine environments, LNG (liquefied natural gas) storage tank.
Typical chemical Composition of Weld Metal (%)
Typical Mechanical Properties of Weld Metal
Notes on usage:
1. Moisture, rust stains, oil containment on the base metal must be fully removed before welding to prevent the formation of porosity and cracks.
2. Use 80% Ar + 20% Co2 shielding gas.
3. Keep shielding gas rate at 15-25 l/min. The best gas flow rate is 20 l/min.
4. Preheating is not required. Inter-pass temperature at 80℃—100℃.
5. Transport and storage should pay attention to moisture.
C 0.021 Mn 0.262 Si 0.46 P 0.005 S 0.001 Cr 21.87 Ni 63.70 Mo 8.62 Fe 0.93 Nb 3.67
Yield strength 500Mpa Tensile Strenght 790MPa Elongation 36% Charpy V-Notch -196 ℃ 70J
Welding rod, welding electrode